Anthony,

Back at a site where this was important we used to manage the job number
problem by assigning ranges to each JES2. Jobs submitted in Melbourne got
0-1000 and 3000 to 3999, and jobs submitted in Sydney got 2000 to 2999. This
meant that when a job was submitted in Melbourne and run in Sydney it kept
its original job number from Melbourne because there was not a duplicate on
SPOOL at that Sydney node.

Perhaps this is a way to solve your problem.

And yes it was a long time ago - just 1000 job numbers LOL.

Ron

Behalf Of