On 11/14/2005 8:59 AM, Mautalen Juan Guillermo wrote:
Mike:

Thanks for your accurate answer.

We dont have TAPEDSN in effect (we just control access to tape datasets
by TAPEVOL profiles).
Tapes used by HSM, in our shop, have a very distinctive naming
convention, so i do not think that a generic RACF protection would
interfere with user tapes.
On the other hand, we do have RMM installed, but not fully exploited
yet.
Our current HSM setting is TAPESECURITY(RACF/RACFINCLUDE).

My main concern is:
Let suppose that i
A) define a generic TAPEVOL profile covering all tapes used by HSM, with
a proper ACL.
B) delete the HSMHSM profile.

Will HSM work properly?
Should i expect any HSM failure?
Will HSM show error messages each it uses a new tape because of trying
to RACF protect it?

Thanks in advance,

Juan G. Mautalen