From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Charles Mills
Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 2010 8:32 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: WTO ABEND D23 help

I'm trying to do a multi-line WTO, potentially with a CART and a CONSID.
(CART and CONSID are zeros in this test, because I am testing in batch.) I
have followed *very* closely the example in the Authorized Assembler
Services Guide Section 7-12, "Assembler example with CMDX control block,
multi-line WTO." No matter what I do I get a D23 ABEND on the first WTO. The
reason code is 05010008. That is documented as The caller supplied an
incorrect parameter list structure. Here are possible reasons: - WPX length
was not correct. - WQEBLK parameter was specified with an incorrect WPL. -
Zero address was specified for the WPL.

There is a field in the WTO MF=L commented as "WPX length." It assembles as
104=x'68' and it's still x'68' in the dump. I don't find "WQEBLK" or "WPL"
in the listing.

I've looked at the MF=E macro expansion and it seems to be storing the CART
address and the CONSID in the right place in the MF=L. The text pointer is
correct (16 bit length + text).

What else should I be looking for?

Charles Mills