I have found this form quite useful:-

alloc_member_cnt = alloc_member_cnt + 1
alloc_member.alloc_member_cnt = my_member
alloc_member.my_member = alloc_member_cnt

additional information can be retained in the "array":-

alloc_dsname.alloc_member_cnt = my_dsn
alloc_dsname.my_dsn = alloc_member_cnt

allowing you multiple ways to process the data.

If Strip(alloc_member.new_member) <> "" Then Do
  Say "member" new_member "found at entry" alloc_member.new_member
End
Else Do
  alloc_member_cnt = alloc_member_cnt + 1
  alloc_member.alloc_member_cnt = new_member
  alloc_member.new_member = alloc_member_cnt
End

Regards
Bruce Hewson