From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
R.S.
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2010 3:19 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: ReSizing the SMF Man Files

W dniu 2010-11-16 21:26, Mark Zelden pisze:
> On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 15:15:01 -0500, Lizette Koehler
> <stars...@mindspring.com>  wrote:
>
>> I have been reading the manual on resizing our SMF MAN files.  We are not
> using LOGSTREAMS, just VSAM.
>> We are z/OS V1.11.
>>
>> It says that we need to IPL to change our MAN files.  Is this correct?  Are
> there reasons that an IPL is required when altering the size or cisize of
> thse files?

Just to complement other responses:
You can change size of MAN datasets and *number* of datasets.
IMHO it's good idea to have many datasets, the higer SMF recording
activity the more datasets.

BTW: In fact I remember no ROT (rule of thumb) regarding CISZ of MAN
datasets. Maybe default is simply OK?

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland

--
BRE Bank SA
ul. Senatorska 18

Sd Rejonowy dla m. st. Warszawy
XII Wydzia Gospodarczy Krajowego Rejestru Sdowego,
nr rejestru przedsibiorców KRS 0000025237
NIP: 526-021-50-88
Wedug stanu na dzie 16.07.2010 r. kapita zakadowy BRE Banku SA (w caoci
wpacony) wynosi 168.248.328 zotych.

If you wish to communicate securely with Commerce Bank and its
affiliates, you must log into your account under Online Services at
http://www.commercebank.com or use the Commerce Bank Secure
Email Message Center at https://securemail.commercebank.com

confidential. The information is exclusively for the use of the
individual or entity intended as the recipient. If you are not
the intended recipient, any use, copying, printing, reviewing,
retention, disclosure, distribution or forwarding of the message
or any attached file is not authorized and is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this electronic mail message in error, please
advise the sender by reply electronic mail immediately and
permanently delete the original transmission, any attachments
and any copies of this message from your computer system.