>I'd bet that the upgrade was to the application system, not the mainframe, and
>something was wrong in a new application program that corrupted the file.

I wouldn't take the opposite of that bet!

>I'm wondering why it took 5 days to recover.

Since, upon reading the article, I see that INFOSYS was I don't have to wonder.

>It sounds like a proper backup/backout procedure wasn't in place in case of a
>failure like this.

In my experience, these off-shore application providers treat the application
lightly, and don't seem to have the urgency regarding the security and
integrity of either the programmes or the data that the original IT staff did.

-
Ted MacNEIL
eamacn...@yahoo.ca