Well, the 770 on .ssh doesn't seem right to me, but I haven't looked at the
OpenSSH source code.

http://www.openssh.org/faq.html
<quote>
3.14 - I copied my public key to authorized_keys but public-key authentication
still doesn't work.

Typically this is caused by the file permissions on $HOME, $HOME/.ssh or
$HOME/.ssh/authorized_keys being more permissive than sshd allows by default.

In this case, it can be solved by executing the following on the server.

    $ chmod go-w $HOME $HOME/.ssh
    $ chmod 600 $HOME/.ssh/authorized_keys $ chown `whoami`
$HOME/.ssh/authorized_keys

If this is not possible for some reason, an alternative is to set StrictModes
no in sshd_config, however this is not recommended.
</quote>

--
John McKown
Systems Engineer IV