Kirk:

We were successful using our Test Userid using SSH_ASKPASS along with the
"-b" option.

We have "BatchMode no" in our custom ssh_config file.

-vvv log contents:

OpenSSH_3.8.1p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7d 17 Mar 2004
debug1: Reading configuration data /u/home/lsasso/.ssh/PConfg
debug3: Seeding PRNG from /usr/lib/ssh/ssh-rand-helper
debug1: Rhosts Authentication disabled, originating port will not be
trusted.
debug2: ssh_connect: needpriv 0
debug1: Connecting to 216.115.171.196 Ý216.115.171.196¨ port 22.
debug1: Connection established.
debug3: Not a RSA1 key file /u/home/lsasso/.ssh/id_rsa.
debug2: key_type_from_name: unknown key type '-----BEGIN'
debug3: key_read: missing keytype
debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
debug2: key_type_from_name: unknown key type '-----END'
debug3: key_read: missing keytype
debug1: identity file /u/home/lsasso/.ssh/id_rsa type 1
debug3: Not a RSA1 key file /u/home/lsasso/.ssh/id_dsa.
debug2: key_type_from_name: unknown key type '-----BEGIN'
debug3: key_read: missing keytype
debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
debug2: key_type_from_name: unknown key type '-----END'
debug3: key_read: missing keytype
debug1: identity file /u/home/lsasso/.ssh/id_dsa type 2
debug1: Remote protocol version 2.0, remote software version 6.0.3.9 SSH
Tectia Server
debug1: no match: 6.0.3.9 SSH Tectia Server
debug1: Local version string SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_3.8.1p1
debug3: RNG is ready, skipping seeding
debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT sent
debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT received
debug2: kex_parse_kexinit:
diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha1,diffie-hellman-group1-sha1
debug2: kex_parse_kexinit: ssh-rsa,ssh-dss
debug2: kex_parse_kexinit:
aes128-cbc,3des-cbc,blowfish-cbc,cast128-cbc,arcfour,aes192-cbc,aes256-cbc,rijndael-...@lysator.liu.se,ae
hmac-md5,hmac-sha1,hmac-ripemd160,hmac-ripemd...@openssh.com,hmac-sha1-96,hmac-md5-96
debug2: kex_parse_kexinit:
hmac-md5,hmac-sha1,hmac-ripemd160,hmac-ripemd...@openssh.com,hmac-sha1-96,hmac-md5-96
debug2: kex_parse_kexinit: none,zlib
debug2: kex_parse_kexinit: none,zlib
debug2: kex_parse_kexinit:
debug2: kex_parse_kexinit:
debug2: kex_parse_kexinit: first_kex_follows 0
debug2: kex_parse_kexinit: reserved 0
debug2: kex_parse_kexinit: diffie-hellman-group1-sha1
aes128-cbc,aes192-cbc,aes256-cbc,3des-cbc,seed-...@ssh.com,crypticore...@ssh.com
debug2: kex_parse_kexinit: hmac-sha1,hmac-md5,crypticore-...@ssh.com
debug2: kex_parse_kexinit: hmac-sha1,hmac-md5,crypticore-...@ssh.com
debug2: kex_parse_kexinit: none,zlib
debug2: kex_parse_kexinit: none,zlib
debug2: kex_parse_kexinit:
debug2: kex_parse_kexinit:
debug2: kex_parse_kexinit: first_kex_follows 0
debug2: kex_parse_kexinit: reserved 0
debug2: mac_init: found hmac-md5
debug1: kex: server->client aes128-cbc hmac-md5 none
debug2: mac_init: found hmac-md5
debug1: kex: client->server aes128-cbc hmac-md5 none
debug2: dh_gen_key: priv key bits set: 134/256
debug2: bits set: 518/1024
debug1: sending SSH2_MSG_KEXDH_INIT
debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_KEXDH_REPLY
debug3: check_host_in_hostfile: filename /u/home/lsasso/.ssh/known_hosts
debug3: check_host_in_hostfile: match line 1
debug1: Host '216.115.171.196' is known and matches the RSA host key.
debug1: Found key in /u/home/lsasso/.ssh/known_hosts:1
debug2: bits set: 513/1024
debug2: kex_derive_keys
debug2: set_newkeys: mode 1
debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS sent
debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS
debug2: set_newkeys: mode 0
debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS received
debug1: SSH2_MSG_SERVICE_REQUEST sent
debug2: service_accept: ssh-userauth
debug2: key: /u/home/lsasso/.ssh/id_rsa (19b40098)
debug2: key: /u/home/lsasso/.ssh/id_dsa (19b400f8)
debug1: Authentications that can continue:
gssapi-with-mic,password,publickey,keyboard-interactive
debug3: start over, passed a different list
gssapi-with-mic,password,publickey,keyboard-interactive
debug3: preferred password
debug3: authmethod_lookup password
debug3: remaining preferred:
debug3: authmethod_is_enabled password
debug1: Next authentication method: password
debug3: packet_send2: adding 48 (len 68 padlen 12 extra_pad 64)
debug2: we sent a password packet, wait for reply
debug1: Authentications that can continue:
gssapi-with-mic,password,publickey,keyboard-interactive
FOTS1346 Permission denied, please try again.
debug3: packet_send2: adding 48 (len 68 padlen 12 extra_pad 64)
debug2: we sent a password packet, wait for reply
debug1: Authentications that can continue:
gssapi-with-mic,password,publickey,keyboard-interactive
FOTS1346 Permission denied, please try again.
debug3: packet_send2: adding 48 (len 68 padlen 12 extra_pad 64)
debug2: we sent a password packet, wait for reply
debug1: Authentications that can continue:
gssapi-with-mic,publickey,keyboard-interactive
debug3: start over, passed a different list
gssapi-with-mic,publickey,keyboard-interactive
debug3: preferred password
debug1: No more authentication methods to try.
FOTS1373 Permission denied
(gssapi-with-mic,publickey,keyboard-interactive).
FOTS0841 Connection closed

Thank You.

Len Sasso

RDC Operations - Systems Administrator
CSC
Information Technology Infrastructure Services (ITIS)
| p: 518.257-4209 | m: 518.894-0879 | f: 518.257-4300 | lsa...@csc.com |
www.csc.com

delivery.
purpose.