Yep, I had a problem also in Windows 7 ( 64bit) , fixed it by placing the
executables in my C:Program files(x86) folder, works fine now

Scott J Ford

________________________________
From: Steve Comstock <st...@trainersfriend.com>
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Sent: Thu, December 16, 2010 8:36:36 AM
Subject: XMIT manager problem

When I package support files for course labs, I have
for many years used XMIT, then download as binary to
my workstation. Over the years Xmit manager has been
a valuable tool to examine such files.

Today I wanted to look at member in a PDS in XMIT
format and Xmit manager gives these messages:

  An error has occurred while decoding the xmit file!
            Error while decoding
          Member directory blocks

and the Details:

End of directory block should contain 12 binary zeros

Information obtained at the point of error:
Current xmit record length is 255 bytes
Current xmit record type is x00
Current file offset is 3720
Xmit File size is 572400

Use the Debug option to provide a  format dump of the xmit file for further
diagnosis.

The Debug option didn't help me.

I repeated the process, just to make sure everything
was correct, but got the same error sequence.

The XMIT file is good (a RECEIVE unpacks the file just fine).

I also tried opening some other files in using Xmit manager
and they opened fine.

Any suggestions?

--
Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock
The Trainer's Friend, Inc.

303-393-8716
http://www.trainersfriend.com

* To get a good Return on your Investment, first make an investment!
  + Training your people is an excellent investment

* Try our new tool for calculating your Return On Investment
    for training dollars at
  http://www.trainersfriend.com/ROI/roi.html