On 12/16/2010 8:56 AM, Paul Gilmartin wrote:
On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 07:29:34 -0800, Scott Ford wrote:

Yeah,, it could be PDSE like Alan just mentioned in his email. We package
distros to customers without any issue with
XMIT or XMITMGR

Is XMITMGR an essential component of your deployment.  This
would mean that Windows is a prerequisite for your product(s).
AFAIK, XMITMGR has been ported to no other platforms.

-- gil

No, it is _not_ used in deployment; I simply use XMIT files for
deployment, and they have worked fine over the years.

I sometimes use XMITMGR to check out the contents of one of
the packaged members. But for this one file I can't get it
to work.

I am _not_ dependent on Windows for deployment.

--

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock
The Trainer's Friend, Inc.

303-393-8716
http://www.trainersfriend.com

* To get a good Return on your Investment, first make an investment!
  + Training your people is an excellent investment

* Try our new tool for calculating your Return On Investment
    for training dollars at
  http://www.trainersfriend.com/ROI/roi.html