On 12/16/2010 8:21 PM, Bill Godfrey wrote:
Has the directory size of your PDS ever been increased using some non-
standard directory-expanding program? If so, and that program did not write
an EOF at the end of the directory, or allowed its new EOF to be subsequently
overwritten, I wonder if that would cause an error like this. I think the "12
binary zeros" mentioned in the error message represent the EOF that follows
the last directory block, and XMIT Manager is saying there is no EOF after the
directory.

Well, certainly no non-standard directory-expanding programs have
ever touched this data set.

It would not surprise me if a missing EOF went unnoticed for a long time,
because I would guess that most directory-reading programs stop when the
key or directory entry that is all hex ff's is read.

You could copy your PDS to a new PDS and see if you have the same problem
with an XMIT file of the new PDS. It might work.

Well, that's worth a try. I have at it tomorrow. Thanks for the
suggestion.

Bill