Is ; your command delimiter? Take a look in OPTIONS (ISPF 0). That would
account for what you are seeing.

Charles

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf
Of Larry Macioce
Sent: Monday, December 20, 2010 8:51 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Problem with an edit command in tso

I am trying to "remove' lines from a pds member to geet a better view of
what
I need. I am doing this in view mode as I know it doen't work in browse.

I enter on the command line:
x ";" all (trying to get rid of the ;(also tried ")
The message returned is incomplete string
So I hit f1 to get a better idea of what went wrong and I get:
Put an ending quote at the end of the string.
I thought I did by surrounding the cahr I want to isolate with tics and 2x
tics.
What am I missing??
Thanks
Larry