If you really want any of this stuff, build a business case and submit it to
IBM. Sending a wish list to IBM-MAIN won't get it done. Frankly, I'd like code
that did what I meant and not what I said, but I'm not holding my breath for it.

For example, what business problem will jobnames GT 8 characters solve? What's
the benefit to your organization? What's the business justification to do it?
Will you convert to UNIX if the jobname restriction isn't changed? If it is
changed, will it improve your profitability or productivity? Will it improve
IBM's profitability or sell more copies of z/OS?

Bob Shannon
Rocket Software