If the file system is a TFS, you are pretty much out of luck, You will
possibly need to restart OMVS after modifying BPXPRMxx for the mount
point /TMP. Check the fine manuals. There is a parameter on the TFS
mount command the defines the VS allocated to /TMP. A remount of the
file system *MAY* work here. Much less disruptive than an OMVS restart.

If the physical file system is a HFS, you are in better shape. An OMVS
restart is probably not needed. You will need allocate/define a new HFS
and then UNMOUNT the original and mount the new one.

If the physical file system is a ZFS, you can use the zfsadm  grow
command. See z/OS xxxxxx Distributed File Service zFS Administration
SC24-5989-xx.
Select the appropriate manual for your release.

HTH,

<snip>
First of let me apologize for my OMVS ignorance.  Other than using the
basic set it and forget it parameters of OMVS we have never had to touch
it.  Now we are developing an app that may keep the mainframe around a
long time that provides and consumes Web Services.

Long story short, my /tmp file is full and I cant figure out what is
taking the space.  Using the LS command there are only about 5 files in
there and they are smal 30-50 blocks(?) apiece of the 28000 that are
allocated.  The syslog file is there also but when I cat that there only
is a hand full of records in there.  Other than that I see nothing.  A.
How do tell what is allocated that space and/or 2 how can I make /tmp
larger on the fly?
</snip>