On 2/10/2011 1:50 PM, Linda Mooney wrote:
Hi Steve,

I can honestly say that I have NEVER heard a
negative comment about any of your classes from
anybody. I have heard plenty of positive comments.

Thanks.

I just so wish you had a class for Unix Systems
Services installation and configuration.

Linda

I woke up very early this morning with the intent of
writing a paper based on my experiences with this.

Since I am not a system programmer and my experience
is somewhat light on actually setting up z/OS UNIX,
I figured I'd better do some research.

In doing that, I found two helpful redbooks:

SG24-6989: ABCs of System Programming, Vol. 9 - which is
           all about z/OS UNIX (854 fun-filled, thrill-packed
           pages)

SG24-7853: z/OS Version 1 Release 12 Implementation - which
           has some sections of V1R12 features and changes
           to z/OS UNIX that might be of interest

I found the first book to be pretty good: clear and
comprehensive. It might go a long way towards your
battle in getting a handle on this mystery!

HTH. Good luck.

--

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock
The Trainer's Friend, Inc.

303-393-8716
http://www.trainersfriend.com

* To get a good Return on your Investment, first make an investment!
  + Training your people is an excellent investment

* Try our new tool for calculating your Return On Investment
    for training dollars at
  http://www.trainersfriend.com/ROI/roi.html