>We are having occasional performance issues that appear to be rooted in some
>interactive research queries.  >The words 'DB2 governor'   have been mumbled,
>but some think that the WLM would be a logical starting point.

Details?

I've found the worst thing you can do is use the Governor to cancel a query
before it's complete!
First, you've wasted the resouces that were already consumed.
Second, the user usually re-submits.

It's much better to extend to multiple periods.
It will cost less, in the long run, and the user (IE: the business -- can we
say where your paycheque comes from?) is better served.

-
Ted MacNEIL
eamacn...@yahoo.ca