To solve the problem finally, you will have some DB2 expert to
examine the SQLs that the remote users are sending. Because
very often the people "outside" send the SQL through end user tools,
they are not well trained and could do much better. This will cost some
money at the start, but in the long term it will save you lots of money.

I'm working in the SQL training business from time to time, and I saw
horrible SQLs which wasted machine time for hours, issued from remote.

Kind regards

Bernd