From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Craig Pace
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2011 8:14 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: DB2 V10 Compatibility and Older z/OS Levels............

All,

This is a cross post to both DB2-L and IBM-MAIN.  I have done some quick
searches and not found what I have been looking for.  If someone knows of any
threads that are related, please let me know.

I am trying to find out what might be the "absolute" level of z/OS that
DB2 V10 might run under.  Basically we have been asked to get DB2 V10 in and we
know from Program Directory, other manuals, Product Support cross reference,
etc. that the published z/OS compatibility is V1.10 or higher.
Is there anyone out there who might have tried this at lower levels?  More
importantly..........as low as z/OS V1.6?  Yes we know we are behind and are
working on that, but sometimes you must venture down roads that are not the
moden way.  Before we go an order DB2 V10, or even try to let Management think
it will work I must try and see if these is even possible at all or a 100%
NOWAY, CAN'T DO IT.

Thank you in advance for any light that might be casted on this subject.

Thanks,

Craig Pace
E-mail:  cp...@fruit.com

This communication contains information which is confidential and may also be
are not the intended recipient(s), please note that any distribution, copying
or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited.
immediately and then destroy any copies of it.

lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search the archives at
http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html