Daniel Allen pisze:
Many moons ago, we ran DB2 v8.1 under z/OS 1.3. It was supported up to point.
Some functionality did not kick in until z/OS 1.4. Our z/OS 1.3 environment was
short-lived and was migrated to z/OS 1.4 and above.

If the published z/OS compatibility is z/OS 1.10 and higher, believe it.

IBM publish highest version which works with DB2 *OR* the oldest supported one - whatever is higher.

Theoretical examples:
1. Product XYZ v.8 It can run with z/OS 1.3+ but at the moment of GA the oldest supported version of z/OS was 1.10. Documented and supported version would be 1.10. - that's "OFFICIAL" REASON. 2. Product ABC v.2 requires z/OS 1.12 to run correctly. It GA'd today, so i.e. z/OS 1.11 is still under support. Documented and supported version will be 1.12. - TECHNICAL REASON.

IBM supports what IBM documents, so even if DB2 v10 would run with z/OS 1.9 (which is very likely IMHO) you won't see any support for such configuration. If it's for sandbox - that's OK, for production - I wouldn't go there.

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland

--
BRE Bank SA
ul. Senatorska 18

Sd Rejonowy dla m. st. Warszawy XII Wydzia Gospodarczy Krajowego Rejestru Sdowego, nr rejestru przedsibiorców KRS 0000025237
NIP: 526-021-50-88
Wedug stanu na dzie 16.07.2010 r. kapita zakadowy BRE Banku SA (w caoci wpacony) wynosi 168.248.328 zotych.