Steve,

Thanks for the update on Enterprise COBOL.

I wish that we were in the position to use some training, but z/OS is
moribund here. Everybody is totally convinced of the following "facts":
(1) z/OS is incapable of running current internet type applications; (2)
z/OS is dying in the marketplace, at least for our size shop (~ 300
MIPS); (3) z/OS is far too expensive when compared to Windows; (4) z/OS
is more difficult to develop for than Windows; (5) z/OS people are too
rare and expensive; (6) z/OS people are too resistant to change; (7)
z/OS is proprietary, whereas Windows is "open"; (8) z/OS is more
difficult to maintain due to the dependance on OEM software. Windows is
better because MS supplies all the software, so it is better integrated.

Note that some of the above have elements of truth. Others are totally
contrary to fact. But "perception IS reality" as we have often been
told.

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and its'
content is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, or distribution of this transmission, or taking any action
based on it, is strictly prohibited.