On 03/22/11 12:16, Ken Hansen wrote:
We have one zIIP engine. For some 15 minute RMF intervals, I am seeing more
combined Service Class CPU time (from the TYPE72's) than there is wall clock
time.

As an example, for one 15 minute (900 second) interval,  the Service Class
zIIP CPU time totals 1317 seconds. With only one zIIP engine, this does not
make sense. It should 900 or less.  Can anybody tell me what I am missing ?

If you're running PFA take a look at this apar, OA34586: HIGH CPU IN PFA AFTER PTF UA50081 FOR APAR OA29963 APPLIED. Our capacity group noticed similar problems to what you're seeing.

--

Mark Jacobs
Time Customer Service

A schlemiel is a waiter who spills hot soup, and
the schlimazel is the one who gets it in his lap.