From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Chase, John
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2011 5:32 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Summer Time, "state of art"

However
> in the autumn we still shutdown, wait an hour, and IPL.
> If you run 24x7 CICS, make sure it's setup to cope with the time
change
> ( I forget the SIT parameter ).

I'm amazed and mystified that the arguably most sophisticated and mature
operating system in the world still cannot automatically handle the
changes to and from Daylight Saving Time.

    -jc-

The information in this Internet Email is confidential and may be legally
privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this Email by
anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in
reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. When addressed to our
clients any opinions or advice contained in this Email are subject to the terms
and conditions expressed in any applicable governing The Home Depot terms of
business or client engagement letter. The Home Depot disclaims all
responsibility and liability for the accuracy and content of this attachment
and for any damages or losses arising from any inaccuracies, errors, viruses,
e.g., worms, trojan horses, etc., or other items of a destructive nature, which
may be contained in this attachment and shall not be liable for direct,
indirect, consequential or special damages in connection with this e-mail
message !
 or its attachment.