Have the last step of a job submit the next one. Similar to:
//SUBMIT EXEC PGM=IEBGENER,COND=...
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSIN DD DUMMY
//SYSUT2 DD SYSOUT=(*,INTRDR)
//SYSUT1 DD ...dsn with next job's JCL
 On Apr 14, 2011 7:30 PM, "Patrick Welsh" <patrick.we...@nt.gov.au> wrote:
> Hi Mainframe Gurus,
>
> Perhaps you can help a Lowly trainee out.
>
> I have a situation where I want to submit 12 batch jobs in order, with an
MVS command to bring a volume online between jobs 2 and 3.

> I could ask Ops Support to use the automation product to set up some rules
for this, however as a training exercise I was looking to do it without
using Control.

> I can get the jobs to submit in the correct order by using the INTRDR, but
this does not wait untill one job is finished before the next starts.

> Ideally I would also like to trap the return code of the previous job and
use this to conditionally submit the following job or halt the process.

> Can you offer any advice on the best method/tools to do this and point me
in the direction of the appropriate doccumentation.