At 14:54 -0500 on 04/15/2011, Rick Fochtman wrote about Re: Submit a series of jobs in order after the previous has:

One additional thing: go to the CBTTAPE.ORG site and find a program named COMMAND. This will allow you to submit a separate job, whereever you wish in the stream, to issue the VARY command to bring that
odd volume online.

Rick

If I were doing it, I would slip a special job between Jobs 2 and 3. It would have a /*VS V YYYY,Online statement (if the JES2 Parms for the Job Class allows in stream command issuance) and an IEFBR14 Step. That step would allocate a temp DISP=(NEW,DELETE) dataset on the needed volume via VOL=SER=XXXXXX,UNIT=YYYY. That would insure the VOLUME is online before progressing. Step 2 would then be the usual INTRDR step to submit JOB 3.