At 08:46 +0200 on 04/20/2011, Hunkeler Peter (KIUP 4) wrote about Re: Submit a series of jobs in order after the previous has:

 >If I were doing it, I would slip a special job between Jobs 2 and 3.
It would have a /*VS V YYYY,Online statement (if the JES2 Parms for
the Job Class allows in stream command issuance) and an IEFBR14 Step.
That step would allocate a temp DISP=(NEW,DELETE) dataset on the
needed volume via VOL=SER=XXXXXX,UNIT=YYYY. That would insure the
VOLUME is online before progressing. Step 2 would then be the usual
INTRDR step to submit JOB 3.

Haven't tried but I would say that solution might possibly issue an
operator prompt "specify volumen or cancel". If the volume has not yet
been brought online at the time the initiator does job step
allocation for that IEFBR14 step, then the WTOR will be issued.

--
Peter Hunkeler

The VARY might need to be a MOUNT. The idea is that if the volume is not online at the IEFBR14, allocation will involve the operator responding to the WTOR. The JES2 Command issues the needed command to get it online. To avoid a race condition, there can be a step prior to the IEFBR14 that does a 15 second wait (CBT Tape has this type of program). Also in lieu of JES2, an APF authorized program can be used in front of the IEFBR14 to send the needed commands via MSGE (ie could first scan to see if the volume has been mounted/brought online). There are a number of solutions. My main point was to insure that the volume is online before allowing JOB3 to start.