On 4/22/2011 3:56 PM, john gilmore wrote:
What has interested me more about this thread has been its preoccupation with
SVCs, which are at best obsolescent.  There is nothing anyone can do with an
SVC that I cannot do, much less obtrusively, with a PC-based scheme.

SVCs offer a nice screening facility that operates at the TCB level. If you screw that up, only one TCB feels pain.

You can't screen PCs. Well, you can at a system level by essentially 'hi-jacking' the entry point. If you screw that up, the whole system feels the pain.

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc