Don

> Universally understood? If that were true there wouldn't be any debate,
would there?

The only debate we need have in relation to this post is whether or not you
are really interested in taking part in the discussion thread or are just here
make waves.

Your point has already been made and the implicit misunderstanding quashed:
[1]

http://alabamamaps.ua.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind1105&L=ibm-
main&T=0&F=&S=&P=27337
http://alabamamaps.ua.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind1105&L=ibm-
main&T=0&F=&S=&P=31464

Not that I fully understand the way the time offset works completely but it is
evident that this is not a case of not having had a change to "see" - however
you do it - or don't as the case may be! - posts since there is at least 10
hours between my demolishing response and you're identical supposed
objection:

Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 05:16:25 -0500 vs. Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 17:29:35 -
0400

I appreciate that you initiated this subdiscussion but it's one of the beauties
of a list discussion that anyone may take up the cudgel of debate.

Of course, all this goes equally for Bingo HD -- I could say especially the
cudgel part - but this is a family list and we should try to curb any
aggression
however much provoked - so I won't! -- to whom there is no point my
responding.

-

[1] Note I now provide archive references rather than text in order to cut
down on the "noise" presumably equating to "volume" or perhaps "count" - but
I deal with that by doubling up responses where I'm pretty sure the rude - and
artificially deaf - contributor no longer has the decency to read posts which
expose his (could be "her" although I have no evidence - yet - for a "her") -
which some tetchy contributors find bothersome.

-

Chris Mason