From: "Victor Gil" <victor....@broadridge.com>
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Sent: Monday, June 6, 2011 9:40:04 AM
Subject: How to diagnose memory leak?

Hi,

We have an Assembler user exit invoked by a software product that runs as a
long-running batch job. The exit properly OBTAINs and RELEASEs its working
storage, however, as written it does not handle a non-zero return code from
the STORAGE OBTAIN.

This hasn't been a problem up until last week when it began to abend and the
dumps indicate that there was not enough memory to allocate.

Obviously, there is some sort of memory leak in the address space.

Any tips on how to identify the cause are greatly appreciated.
-Victor-