From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf
Of Cobe Xu
Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2011 3:29 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: can limit JES2 RJE work?

Hi Ravi,

I checked our config, we do use default setting for LIMIT=(0,*). [shown
below]
As we do need all the records to be processed, but hope to slow down the
transmition..
 $HASP603 R44.PR1
 $HASP603 R44.PR1  STATUS=INACTIVE,ASIS=YES,CCTL=YES,CKPTLINE=66,
 $HASP603          CKPTPAGE=100,CMPCT=NO,COMPRESS=YES,CREATOR=,
 $HASP603          DEVFCB=,EJECT=YES,FCB=6,FCBLOAD=NO,FORMS=(STD,
 $HASP603          ,,,,,,),JOBNAME=,LIMIT=(0,*),LRECL=255,
 $HASP603          NEWPAGE=DEFAULT,PLIM=(0,0),PRMODE=(LINE),
 $HASP603          PRWIDTH=255,QUEUE=A,RANGE=(J1,999999),
 $HASP603          ROUTECDE=(P044),SELECT=PRINT1,SEP=NO,SEPDS=NO,
 $HASP603          SETUP=HALT,SPACE=,SUSPEND=YES,TRACE=NO,
 $HASP603          TRANS=NO,UCS=0(STD),VOLUME=(,,,),WRITER=,
 $HASP603          WS=(W,Q,R,PRM,LIM/F)

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 5:35 PM, Ravi Gaur <gaur.ravi2...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am not sure the scope of your question is it just limited to Printer or
> extend
> to  Remote node job submission  and getting output...
>
> Certainly RACF may have option for it ..however 1 of the inscope task with
> printers would be to limit the Lower and Higher records limit with Limit
> parameter in Printer..as below..
>
> $DPRT78
> $HASP603 PRT78
> $HASP603 PRT78     UNIT=,STATUS=DRAINED,BURST=NO,CKPTLINE=0,
> $HASP603           CKPTMODE=PAGE,CKPTPAGE=100,CKPTSEC=0,
> $HASP603           CREATOR=,DEVFCB=,DEVFLASH=****,FCB=SB08,
> $HASP603           FORMS=(STD,,,,,,,),FSS=SARFVC78,HONORTRC=YES,
> $HASP603           JOBNAME=,LASTFORM=STD,LIMIT=(0,*),
> $HASP603           COPYMARK=DATASET,MARK=NO,MODE=FSS,
> $HASP603           NEWPAGE=DEFAULT,NPRO=300,PAUSE=NO,PLIM=(0,*),
> $HASP603           PRESELCT=YES,PRMODE=(LINE),QUEUE=G,RANGE=(J1,
> $HASP603           999999),ROUTECDE=(LOCAL),SEP=NO,
> $HASP603           SEPCHARS=DEFAULT,SEPDS=NO,SETUP=HALT,SPACE=,
> $HASP603           TRACE=NO,TRANS=DEFAULT,TRKCELL=NO,UCS=GY15,
> $HASP603           UCSVERFY=NO,VOLUME=(,,,),WRITER=,
> $HASP603           WS=(PRM,Q,R/),FSAROLTR=YES
>

> LIMIT
>    Specifies the lower and upper record limits for jobs that this device
>    will process. A limit of (0,*) means that this device selects all
>    output.
>
>    This keyword only applies for local and remote printers and punches
>    and SYSOUT transmitters.

Cobe Xu

Best Regards
z/OS Performance & Capacity Analyst
z/OS System Programmer
Email: cob...@gmail.com
*"Impart fishing is much better than just donate fishes"*