> I tried Purging the tso but it was not coming down. The commands used to
stop tso
> was :
>
> 1) stop tso - No luck
> 2) force tso,arm - No luck
> 3) force tso,arm,a=ASID - No luck
>
> I even tried looking for any outstanding message in console but there were
no
> outstanding messages at all. Could anyone please guide me in this.
>
> Regards,
> Jags

Jags,

I think the correct command to shutdown TSO is F TSO,SIC         or     F
TSO,FTSOP (Force Stop).  This is documented in the MVS Commands manual under
the MODIFY TSO/VTAM section.

Rarely have I ever seen TSO cancelled or forced from the system.  Only
MODIFY'd out.

TSO can be shutdown or restarted any number of times after an IPL.

Why were you shutting it down?  Perhaps there as a WTOR you needed to
respond to

Lizette