On 6/14/2011 2:04 PM, Paul Gilmartin wrote:
On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 13:17:57 -0600, Steve Comstock wrote:

On 6/14/2011 1:06 PM, Frank Swarbrick wrote:

Do non-IT people make better COBOL programmers?  Why might that be?

Well, the rationale is, I think, that students in university IT
programs today will only have seen Windows / Unix / Linux and
they probably have a pre-disposition against the mainframe.

Which paraphrases to, "Having no point of reference, they
don't know any better."

-- gil

Well, maybe. Or, "they start out with minimal prejudices"

or "they don't have to unlearn habits that don't work"

or ...

:-)

--

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock
The Trainer's Friend, Inc.

303-393-8716
http://www.trainersfriend.com

* To get a good Return on your Investment, first make an investment!
  + Training your people is an excellent investment

* Try our new tool for calculating your Return On Investment
    for training dollars at
  http://www.trainersfriend.com/ROI/roi.html