bi...@mainstar.com (Bill Fairchild) writes:
> A long time ago a friend of mine told me that the mental abilities to
> do computer programming, music, and foreign languages are probably
> linked genetically.  Since then I have noticed a lot of anecdotal
> evidence to support this theory, including myself.  But I have also
> found a lot of people who are strong in only one of those three
> possibly interrelated skills.

a least one of the scenarios is whether a person becomes as fluent in a
computer language as in their native language ... one of the supposed
traits of fluency is actually "thinking" & "dreaming" in a language (as
opposed to constantly translating between the language they are working
in and some other language that they think in). anecdotal stories are
people that have had dreams in a "computer" language.