From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Lizette Koehler
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 4:50 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: How to verify if Secured FTP is being used

Basically, we have FTP Process.  We implemented SFTP on a different stack,
earlier this year.  No one went back to see if any of the FTP processes in
place need to be secured.  So I am just researching if it is possible to report
on FTP and whether or not that FTP is secured.

In some of the batch job's FTP Logs it shows as unsecured.
CZ0462 ftpOpen: no security mechanism is specified

So I am just trying to verify how to collect and report on FTP functions and
whether or not they are secured.

Lizette

lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search the archives at
http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html