Oh, I found this: "The STARTIO Facility of MVS" a white paper by Peter Haas.
I'm still looking for it.  If anyone knows where it is that would be nice.

Lindy

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
shai hess
Sent: Sunday, June 19, 2011 9:43 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Some tests with MFNetDisk PRO

I am sure that if you dig in the internet maybe you will see some example about
it.
I do not understand why there is no example of startio.
The only reason  is that the STARTIO is not so famous compare to EXCP, EXCPR
and all the other access methods.
Very small number of users will want to deal with STARTIO.
developing STARTIO will crash your system many times until it will work.

Shai