As I recall, you have a program running on a PRB. It issues a LINK which
runs on a SVRB (as do all type 3 and 4 SVCs). The LINK runs the
requested program on a PRB. If you abend in the second, the dump will
show the TCB (TCBRBP) pointing to the second PRB which points (RBLINKB)
to the SVRB which points to the first PRB which points back to the TCB.

http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/iea2d510/57.1.1
http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/iea2d310/211.1.1

On Sat, 2011-07-02 at 23:50 -0700, Dale Miller wrote:
> On July 1, Tom Marchant wrote:
> "LINK is an SVC and the linked program runs under control of an SVRB."
> Since when? Perhaps everything has turned upside down while I was
> retiring, but my memory says that LINK results in the program running
> under a PRB. In fact (unless this has been rewritten without my consent)
> programs executing as a result of EXEC PGM= are (normally?) invoked
> via LINK, and they run under a PRB (or used to).
>
> Dale Miller

John McKown
Maranatha! <><