On 7/3/2011 8:53 AM, John McKown wrote:
As I recall, you have a program running on a PRB. It issues a LINK which
runs on a SVRB (as do all type 3 and 4 SVCs). The LINK runs the
requested program on a PRB. If you abend in the second, the dump will
show the TCB (TCBRBP) pointing to the second PRB which points (RBLINKB)
to the SVRB which points to the first PRB which points back to the TCB.

http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/iea2d510/57.1.1
http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/iea2d310/211.1.1

I strongly suspect that you're mistaken. LINK runs under an SVRB, builds a PRB for the desired program, and exits, causing its SVRB to be removed from the chain. In a dump you will see two consecutive PRBs.

Old, old system code tends to be parsimonious, and once the lower PRB is built, there is no need for services requiring the SVRB.

Gerhard Postpischil
Bradford, VT