Hilary

Coming from VSE, I'm surprised you haven't been following the VSE-L list.

> I really miss one function - provided by FAQS/ASO.

> At the end of every batch job, it printed out a list of modules used and
which libraries they were taken from.

This topic has been aired recently in VSE-L ...

Then I took a look at

Subject: Another OT: Z/OS FAQS?
From: Leo Langevin (leo_j_lange...@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 15 2011 - 01:40:45 EDT

and decided that just possibly *you* are Leo Langevin's "better half"!

Anyhow, using IBM-MAIN, it is best to be a touch more specific in the Subject
than "Z/OS Newbie question". In this case, you would probably be better off
creating *two* posts, one regarding "identification of modules used in a job
step" and the other regarding "compile dates".

Chris Mason

On Mon, 4 Jul 2011 14:42:37 +0300, Hilary Hurwitz <hila...@nioi.gov.il>
wrote:

>I recently moved from being System programmer and ADABAS DBA in a
VSE/ESA shop and "converted" myself to DBA in a Z/OS 1.9 shop.

>I am still a little overwhelmed by the sheer volume of work, and I managed to
get used to saying ISPF and  JES instead of Vollie and Power :)

>I really miss one function - provided by FAQS/ASO.
>
>At the end of every batch job, it printed out a list of modules used and
which libraries they were taken from.

>Since we are in the middle of some major conversions here and have pretty
complicated jcl procs, it would really help me to have this feature.

>Has anyone written it ? Could it be done ? Maybe in REXX ?
>
>The other thing I would like is to be able to see the compile dates in a load
library - all the library at once. We do have File Aid, but it is a pain to get
all
dates (and maybe even sort on date ?)