From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Anson Ye
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2011 6:56 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: [IBM-MAIN] TCPIP Resolver Question

Hi All,

I'm reading some tcpip document about resolver.. I'm curious what system will
do if I don't configure the resolver settings explicitly.

According to the IBM book library, if I don't specify the resolver process in
the BPXPRMxx, the system will start up the resolver address apce with name of
'RESOLVER' but without global tcpip data settings. The z/OS will use the
applicable searching order for finding TCPIP.DATA.

Now comes out the question, what's the 'applicable searching order'?

Thanks!
Best Regards!
Anson

1.0pt 0in'>
"This email is intended to be reviewed by only the intended recipient
 and may contain information that is privileged and/or confidential.
 any review, use, dissemination, disclosure or copying of this email
 and its attachments, if any, is strictly prohibited.  If you have
 received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender by
 return email and delete this email from your system."