From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf
Of Anson Ye
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2011 7:56 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: TCPIP Resolver Question

Hi All,

I'm reading some tcpip document about resolver.. I'm curious what system
will do if I don't configure the resolver settings explicitly.

According to the IBM book library, if I don't specify the resolver process
in the BPXPRMxx, the system will start up the resolver address apce with
name of 'RESOLVER' but without global tcpip data settings. The z/OS will use
the applicable searching order for finding TCPIP.DATA.

Now comes out the question, what's the 'applicable searching order'?

Thanks!
Best Regards!
Anson

to lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search the