When it comes to unix (or winders), I really don't mind being the village
idiot, because at least I know what I don't know, or at least I thought so
until I read this rant.  A lot of my manuals refer to (what I call) "mainframe
unix" as OMVS and/or USS.  Not being a seasoned uniq, all these references are
synonymous to me.  Kindly define and differentiate these terms for me so I can
return to knowing what I don't know with peace of mind restored.