Thanks, I think I understand better now. I take it you have a single buffer in
[E]CSA that you append data to the end of (poor sentence construction, -5
points!). I've never done it that way. I've always done a STORAGE OBTAIN for
just enough [E]CSA to contain the record + 8 bytes. I then chained that buffer
onto a linked list using CDS. Back in the days that I did this, I anchored this
chain in an SSVT. In today's environment, I'd likely use NAME/TOKEN services to
create a global NAME whose token value was a pointer to the head of chain in
ECSA. For me, this was simpler to code than suballocating a single buffer. Of
course, it also has more overhead due to the STORAGE OBTAIN and RELEASE
sequences to get and free the individual SMF records. I guess you are using
some sort of "wrap around" buffer, adding to the "end" and taking from the
"beginning"?

--
John McKown
Systems Engineer IV