On Tue, 9 Aug 2011 06:08:02 -0500 Donald Likens <dlik...@infosecinc.com>
wrote:

:>Thank You for your help... What I have got from your responses is:

:>1. There are other ways to serialize. I tried a CS loop but here is what I
think is happening:

:>In CS loop.
:>Interrupt occurs.
:>Process other address space.
:>Loop forever waiting for other CS loop (system stops).

Then you are not using CS properly. A CS loop should be to alter a counter or
maintain a list, i.e., if the CS fails you should be able to use the new data
to reissue the CS.

:>I am attempting to copy a SMF record to a buffer in CSA at the end of the
buffer.

What does "end" mean? How do you find the "end"?

:>2. Issuing the local lock will work fine.

Nothing will prevent it.

:>3. I do not have to worry about about AR mode in IEFU85.

:>I should read the doc. Well I did:

:>The Installation Exits doc does not tell you the AR mode for IEFU85. Here is
what it states:
:>Exit Routine Environment IEFU85 receives control in the following
environment: v Enabled for interrupts. v In supervisor state with PSW key 0. v
In AMODE 31. v In the address space of the task that issues the SMFEWTM
BRANCH=YES MODE=XMEM macro. v May be locked. v In cross memory mode. And if AR
mode you must issue a SYSSTATE ASCENV=AR before issuing a lock.

I do not think that you are guaranteed AR mode or locks. Your code will need
to check and act accordingly.

:>The Assem. Services Guide states you must obtain the local or CML lock before
getting the CMS lock. It does not state that in cross memory mode that you must
get the CML lock and in U85 you are in cross memory mode.

http://www.dissensoftware.com