In <9804830367453020.wa.dlikensinfosecinc....@bama.ua.edu>, on
08/09/2011
   at 06:56 AM, Donald Likens <dlik...@infosecinc.com> said:

>I am not familure with FWIW?

For what it's worth. Google for "jargon file" and you'll find a lot of
other common abbreviations.

>I think I need the CMS lock because I am updating CSA.

It doesn't matter what you are updating; acquiring the CMS lock does
you no good unless all access involves acquiring the CMS lock. Unless
you're writing the code on both sides, you need to play by the
existing rules.

If I were managing my own chain of buffers then I'd use CDS or PLO,
but if you're manipulating SMF buffers then you must play by SMF
rules.

>If there are more than one CMS locks

There's only one.

>I was planning about issuing the following commands:

ITYM macros, and, as others mentioned, you need to remember the states
of the locks and not release a lock that you hadn't acquired.