On Thu, 18 Aug 2011 05:33:38 -0500 Chris Mason <chrisma...@belgacom.net>
wrote:

:>> also a punch eg 2541 ?, ...

:>The 2540 was an enormously versatile machine in that it not only supported
the card reading function but also the card punching function.

:>http://www.columbia.edu/cu/computinghistory/2540.html

:>Google ad: first hit with search words "IBM 2540 picture".

:>But, looking at the picture I realise I've forgotten which "feed" was the
reader "feed" and which was the punch "feed"!

I would bet that a lot of operators did as well.

http://www.dissensoftware.com