necessarily R4.  For it to be R4,
> you need another blank character after the IEFUJV, or else delete the
AL1(7) byte, or change the CL8
> to CL9, etc.  Adding 3 more blank characters would allow this code to
store R4 somewhere and then not
> skip over the execution of the next instruction after the IEFUJV
eye-catcher.

> Bill Fairchild

Indeed, if an executable instruction is intended to follow the DC, and
if the assembler back then ensured to assemble instructions to begin on
a halfword address, it would seem that the sequence shown would attempt
to store Reg0 somewhere because of the x'00' slack byte following the
second blank shown.  It also seems to imply that that "next" instruction
was a two-byte instruction; else "strange and wonderful" things would
occur immediately thereafter.

Of course, it's necessary to assume that in this example, R15 contains
the address of the B instruction....

    -jc-

Behalf Of Rick Fochtman

-----
> And I've had a few doozies - one program should have had an LA
instruction that got keypunched as an

----

http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html