From: Staller, Allan [mailto:allan.stal...@kbmg.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2011 10:23 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Problem with HSM Recalls

3380/3390 conflict? Might have to define a mod-3 in 3380 compat mode.
Check the ICKDSF manuals....

HTH,

<snip>
A recall of the first dataset listed below results in
ARC1113I I/O ERROR WRITING PRIMARY COPY

Explanation:  While DFSMShsm was writing the primary copy of a data set
during a recall or recovery operation, an I/O error occurred or invalid
data was found. If an I/O error occurred an access method or hardware
error message should precede this message or be found in the DFSMShsm
job
log SYSMSG data set.

Message ARC1001I also precedes this message, giving the operation in
process, the name of the data set, and a reason code.

Reascode  Meaning
8         Direct access data records exceed the track capacity of the
          output device.

Attempting to recover the backup with a rename results in

ARC1001I SYSMGT.D93132.N001606 RECOVER FAILED, RC=0008, REAS=0168
ARC1108I ERROR CATALOGING DATA SET

The data was migrated in the early 90's, I don't see how the current
track capacity could be exceeded. Of course no one is here who is
knowledgeable of what was done.
I'm open to suggestions.
</snip>