From: Tom Marchant [mailto:m42tom-ibmm...@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2011 1:51 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Problem with HSM Recalls

On Tue, 20 Sep 2011 10:18:12 -0400, O'Brien, David W. (NIH/CIT) [C] wrote:

>ARC1001I SYSMGT.D93132.N001606 RECOVER FAILED, RC=0008, REAS=0168
>ARC1108I ERROR CATALOGING DATA SET
>
>The data was migrated in the early 90's, I don't see how the current track
>capacity could be exceeded. Of course no one is here who is knowledgeable of
>what was done.
>I'm open to suggestions.

Continuing with the assumption that the error is caused because the blocksize
is very
small so that not as many blocks can fit on a track as were on the original
3380, have
you tried telling HRECALL to recall the data logically, without trying to
recall track images?
I looked in DFSMShsm Managing Your Own Data and I see DAOPTION(RELBLK) for
non-SMS data sets.  Perhaps that will help.

--
Tom Marchant