"You write about ESS battery and power drip. Therefore I would not expect
problems with IOCDS or CPC setup. Instead there seems to be a problem with
the RACF data base volumes. Description for IRR418I reads two more
possible causes next to "RACF product not enabled".  You might want to
review ESS configuration from it's SE. May be there's no path to your RACF
data base volumes, more precise to the Vol Sers holding your data base
volumes. Or even more precise: no *valid* path to the Vol Sers, e.g. due
to loss of power the questioned 3390 is in inconsistent state. I would
look for IOS messages in syslog, just around RACF initialization, as a
starting point."

We have shared DASD evnvironment where two hardware Z9 and Z800 OS share the
ESS. After the POR we were able to make the Z9 servers up , but the Z800 -
OS V1R12 are not coming up and throwing this messages. In Z800 we have
another LPAR which is active (OS V1R6) from their we are able to view the
SYS1.RACF(Primary racf database Volumes)