The following has been posed by one of our mainframe users.

QUESTION:   What options (if any) are available for migrating these old study
files and contents of accounts to storage media such as DVDs and external hard
drives that could be securely held (off-line) by the agencies?

Looking at the user id provided I find that most of these files are VSAM.

Is there any way to use VSAM in a non-mainframe environment?
Is there a way to write directly to a dvd from a mainframe?

TIA,
Dave O'Brien
NIH Contractor