From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
jagadishan perumal
Sent: Sunday, October 23, 2011 11:07 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: BLDL error Cause

Hi All,

One of our application programmer has created a PDS with below attributes :

 Data Set Name  . . . :
TPUN011.NEWMAPST

 General Data                         Current
Allocation
 Management class . . : **None**       Allocated blocks  . :
741
 Storage class  . . . : TPUSC          Allocated extents . :
2
  Volume serial . . . : TPUN01         Maximum dir. blocks : 0
*
  Device type . . . . :
3390
 Data class . . . . . :
**None**
  Organization  . . . : PO            Current
Utilization
  Record format . . . : FB             Used blocks . . . . :
3
  Record length . . . : 80             Used extents  . . . :
1
  Block size  . . . . : 800            Used dir. blocks  . : 0
*
  1st extent blocks . : 78             Number of members . : 0
*
  Secondary blocks  . :
100
  Data set name type  :
PDS

  Creation date . . . : 2011/10/18     Referenced date . . :
2011/10/24
  Expiration date . . :
***None***
                                       * Information is
unavailable.

When he tries to allocate a member within the dataset :
TPUN011.NEWMAPST(map), he gets a message as "BLDL error" I tried searching
some error related to PDF as starting with ISRxxxx but I was not able to
fetch any error codes relating to "BLDL" Error in the syslog.

IBM manual has various explanation for BLDL or I/O processing error, but for
the above I am unable to pin-point the exact cause.

Looking at the above dataset attribute, I can see a "*"
symbol beside  Maximum dir. blocks and Used dir. blocks  . : 0, but i am
unable to interpret the exact cause.

Could anyone please suggest me your comment on query.

Regards,
Jags